Sunday, March 16, 2008

Search for the Perfect Dress

Next Sunday Shannon and I will be leaving to go on a cruise with our mom and dad. I wish I could give details as to our itinerary but truth be told I was not paying attention a year ago when Steve planned it. I am sure he's got all of our travel info neatly printed out and alphabetized and filed nicely in his new travel portfolio (thanks Janelle), so all I have to do is show up. I don't really care where I am going. It's a week without kids so I could literally spend every day in my car in the garage and be happy. Here's the dilemma: Shannon and I need help determining which beautiful dresses we should wear on our formal nights. There are 4 to choose from and the top two will win. I do realize that some are not quite as modest as others but my choices were limited. Also keep in mind that the first 2 need to be tailored so they will look much better after that.
























Please help us out by leaving an opinion. I know the answer should be to bring all 4 (they are all so beautiful), but we are trying not to pack too much so we are going to share. And for the record, I was posing like that on purpose. I think it adds to the quality of the dress.

12 comments:

S.Miles said...

I just want to know who wore that red dress and what made them decide to send it to Goodwill. Where were they going where the red puffy sparkly sleeves were necessary? My vote is for the red puff sleeve and the black/layered/hippy one. Because if there's one thing I know- its that you and I always have to find clothes that DRAW attention to that area. I mean, really- who doesn't want layer after layer (after layer after layer after layer)of bad 70's fabric drapped across our thighs??

Robbie said...

Look I'm just happy that you're still alove. Justin and I were getting a bit worried. I totally agree with Shannon thought. Go for the ones that draw the most attention. I personally like dresses 2 and 3. Good luck on the cruise.

Robbie said...

Hey I want to run in a marathon. When is the next one and where?
p.s. Who is that modeling the dresses?

S.Miles said...

Rob-Are you kidding me with the whole "who is that modeling the dresses..."? You can't be serious.

Robbie said...

No i'm not kidding at all...who is it?

Steve and Janelle said...

Wow. The best part is that you know that whoever wore these dresses really loved them and felt really beautiful while wearing them. May you bring that same spirit to your cruise. Ahoy my friends. Ahoy! Happy sailing!!

Steve and Janelle said...

p.s. the sleeves on the red dress are bigger than your head.

redstarmama said...

Wow, I have always thought you were a very stylish woman (Shannon, too) but this is going above and beyond! I don't think I can choose just one of these gems, but if you wear any of them, You have to take a photo in the dress, striking the exact same pose, on the cruise. Have a fabulous, kid-free time in your cruisewear!

Jennifer Knight said...

I just want to know, do your parents need to adopt any kids? I could use another cruise right now! And have fun with no kids...I took my 13 year old on one and ended up with a $250 arcade bill on my door on the last morning...uggh!

S.Miles said...

Robbie- I know the "model" might not be at her best in this picture but seriously! Maybe her ears might be sticking out a little further that day. Maybe she had her 6 year old snapping the semi-blurry photo. Maybe she needs a little tan. Maybe she could spend a little extra time actually doing something with her hair. But come on- thats the Sharalyn we all know and love!!

Jennifer Knight said...

I think she looks like Julia Roberts in these pictures!

And the red dress sans the puffy sleeves might be okay. And taken up and in a little.

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW! These pics are definitely worth the long awaited wait of you figuring out how to post pics on your blog. It's been 24 hrs and I'm still laughing. For sure the Red/orange one. Looks like a princess at Disney would wear. And the other 3 are really a toss. Do you really plan on tailoring them? It will cost you more than you paid for the dress! Bummed I won't be able to see you but I know you'll have a great time. Looking forward to seeing lots of pics from the trip!