Saturday, September 13, 2008

Fresh Start

With school back in session I feel like I can finally breathe again. I absolutely love having my kids home with me all summer, and the first day of school always brings tears to my eyes. I have no problem admitting that I stalk my kids on the playground from my car for the first 3 days. It's a little creepy, I know, but whatever. Now that we are back in a routine I have no good excuse for not writing. I have been in a blogging slump for a while and am really trying hard to suck it up. I want to be the kind of person that cares about blogging. I do. I will try harder. Let's just call this the start of a new and improved blog.

I had an interesting conversation with Cali tonight about her name. I was curious as to whether or not she liked her name. Luckily she does. Apparently she LOVES her name. As a parent that is nice to hear. A lot of energy and thought goes in to naming a child so it would have been a little devastating if she had said she did not like her name. But being a girl I knew that deep down she wished she had a different name. When I was her age I really wished my name was Crystal. That's right. Crystal. Crystal was so much cooler than Sharalyn. And when I talked to Shannon the other day she revealed that she wished her name was Katalyn- pronounced Kate-A Lyn. And then she would have gone by Kat for short. How different life could have been...? So I knew deep down Cali had an alias. When I asked her she got a funny grin on her face- like how did I know? Her name? Emily. Interesting.


**The goal for the next blog will be to include pictures. Baby steps.

7 comments:

S.Miles said...

I would have only gone by Kat by those who are closest to me. My inner circle if you will.I cannot tell you how happy I am that you are going to blog again. Reading your blog makes my heart smile. As for Emily- we all have our own secret identities right? Might not be as "creative" as "Crystal" but hey- its her dream. Dont crush it. It would be funny to hear what Macey comes up with. Wouldnt surprise me if she says "Michael" or "Christopher." Im just sayin...

edmundsfam said...

So Macey's name is Rachel. Not what I expected her to say. She also told me that Shannon and Sharalyn are old people names. And then she went on to say that when she pictures us as kids we have giant heads and little bodies.

S.Miles said...

At least she didnt say she pictured us having giant heads AND giant bodies! :P that my little friend Rachel, would have put me over the top. I'll take big head little body any day!

Juli said...

Cute blog "Crystal", i mean Sharalyn! Glad you're blogging again, i to am trying to do better...

xoxo,

"Nicole" (juli) :)

edmundsfam said...

Nicole is another good one. How good does Crystal Nicole sound? If I could only have another baby...

redstarmama said...

So much for all trouble we go to to give our kids cool names. I'm going to ask Declan what he would choose.

Also, I have been giggling internally since I read the giant heads/small bodies story. Rachel has one awesome imagination!

Beardall Family said...

Crystal huh? That was a pretty cool name back in the day. Mine was, "Lisa" without the "E". By adding the E it made me original. As a kid you just want to be the same as everyone else. In kidnergarten I would even sign my name as Lisa. I have to admit, I kinda like my name now.