Monday, September 15, 2008

Trick or Treat

Mid September always brings the dreaded question of "What do you want to be for Halloween this year?". Dreaded because anyone who knows me knows that I can't just A. let my kids be whatever they want to be because it is usually not cute enough- or in Macey's case usually too frightening or slutty-or both- for a young child to wear, and B. purchase a costume that comes in a bag. Or if it does come in a bag I have to tweak it somehow so that they don't look like every other kid out begging for candy. I have a very hard time not making a big production out of most things I do that involves my kids. It must be in my genes because Shannon (Katalyn) is the same way. Go big or go home, right? So yesterday marked the first of many Halloween costume discussions. Cali is going to be a 50's girl with a yellow poodle skirt (the skirt HAS to be yellow), and Macey is going to be a Harajuku girl. However, Fletcher cannot decide on what he wants to be. We have narrowed it down to 3 and he is willing to let the blogging world decide his Halloween fate. Before I announce the 3 choices I need to mention the costumes that he wanted that were vetoed: Ariel from the little mermaid, the movie star princess, the giant mask that is as big as his whole body, and the ladybug. Ok. Moving on.
Here are the nominees:

1. Scooby Doo


2. Ironman (which Ben took him to see...bad parenting, I know.)


3. Superman


So there you have it. If you have an opinion feel free to post. 6 weeks and counting... On my list of things to do today- find a yellow poodle skirt and a tiny hat for Harajuku girl. It could be a long day.

9 comments:

Jennifer Knight said...

I like Iron Man. The others are more predictable for his age.

Robbie said...

Iron Man. Only because everyone is telling me I look like him right now. What do you think?

redstarmama said...

I am going with Iron Man, too. Not that I saw the movie, I just like Robbie, I mean Robert Downey, Jr. Is there any way you can rig it up so he has the Iron Man song (by Ozzie Osbourne?) playing everywhere he goes? That would really make him stand out!

S.Miles said...

Bag all three and lets think outside the box. And who the hell is telling Rob that he looks like Iron man?!? Google "Tiny harajuku Hat and see what comes up." I've been searching high and low in So cal for the perfect "non-Hannah look alike" costume! :P

Robbie said...

Wait...Shannon u don't think I look like him?

edmundsfam said...

Jenn- no rigging necessary. He knows the song and sings it while he pretends he is Ironman.

S.Miles said...

maybe just the eyes...

Beardall Family said...

i think scooby doo is cute. Definitely not S.Man .. no spandex for the little fella!

Craig said...

I vote for Ironman. BTW, what is a Harajuku girl?