Sunday, November 9, 2008

Update

Ok, ok. So I'm not an "everyday" blogger. I am fine with being an "every once in a while" blogger. The important thing is that I update every so often- or at least often enough that my mom and Shannon get off my damn back about posting some pictures. So here is the update:

Fletcher had his last soccer game of the season on Saturday and here are the stats: Games won- 8
Goals scored by our team- 127
Goals scored on our team- 2
Goals scored by Fletcher- 0
Times Fletcher actually touched the ball- 5
Out of those 5, times kicked in the right direction- 2
Times Fletcher told me what a great soccer player he is- too many to count.

He was so funny to watch because he literally just ran up and down the field as far away from the ball as he could possibly get. The very first time he touched the ball it was only because someone kicked it directly into his shins. That counts in our book. I am happy to take a break until next season- it is a little bit of a beating watching kids at this age play any sport. Go Junkyard Dogs!

We had quite the Halloween this year. Cali was the cutest 50's girl with her yellow poodle skirt, Macey was the best Harajuku girl even though no one knew what she was, and Fletcher owned his hamburger (NOT cheeseburger) costume. I swear he put it on and actually became a hamburger. Every year we have friends over and eat jack-o-lantern shaped pizzas before we head out to go trick-or-treating. About 10 houses into candy begging, Macey comes up to me and tells me that she is ready to go home. I made her push through for a few more houses until I finally realized that she didn't feel good. She had a fever and said her throat hurt. I sent Cali on with her friends and the rest of us got in the car and headed to the kid's urgent care. Yep. Strep throat. The good news is we were in and out of that place. Not a lot of kids at the doctor on Halloween night. So to bed she went. And Fletcher too. Apparently trick-or-treating really took a lot out of him. He kept complaining that his legs hurt from walking so much and his arms were sore from carrying his bag of 10 pieces of candy. Note to self: start pushing Fletcher down to try and toughen him up.


Cali and Macey have a cheer competition next weekend and they are busy practicing for that. They have yet to do the routine to the music and have not been able to hit a stunt, but I have been assured that it will all come together by Saturday. I'm pretty sure it won't. Entertaining blog to follow.

Ben started playing ice hockey and I am so excited he has found something he loves to do. I have yet to see a game because his games are at 11:00 at night but I believe him when he says he "has a hockey game". As long as his fingers all stay in tact it's all good. Another note to self: make sure disability insurance is current.

As for myself, I took a couple of weeks off from running due to burn out, and am now paying the price. It's like starting over which is good and bad. All my runs seem very hard now, but I also love that I "feel it" again. It was a much needed break for me.

So that just about sums up the last month at the Edmunds house. I am counting down the days until my family comes for Thanksgiving. It's always a good time when we all get together. Especially when lots and lots of food is involved.

2 comments:

Jeff and Amy Barlow said...

I'm so glad that someone is as BAD as me on this damn blog-posting thing. Regardless...thanks for the update! I loved it. And it made me think I was back home again...if only for just a few minutes.

Hope all is well with you. I'm getting closer to getting this baby out. And can't wait until I can start working out again. I miss our nazi-pilates instructor. Those were the days. I'm hoping to run my first marathon next fall. I'll keep you posted because there isn't anyone else I'd want to run it with than you.

I owe you the biggest Thank You card ever...but like my blog posting skills...I suck at sending out TY cards. So please be patient...one is coming to you. We haven't had the chance to use the jug yet...but everyday I pass it in the garage, I think of you and smile.

Family coming for Thanksgiving this year? Maybe it's a good thing I'm gone! Where would I go!????! :)

Miss you! Take care!
Amy

Anonymous said...

YEAH! A post! Your kids are the cutest ever. Love everyone of the costumes. So sad Macey got sick on Halloween. Hope she's clear of strep now. Probably not a good idea to push your child down just to make him tough. :) Classic that Ben is playing ice-hockey. Who would have thought...Tony used to play a ton in HS. It can get pretty brutal out there on the ice. Hope your running break wasn't due to something more serious. So fun your family is coming for Thanksgiving. We are spending it in ID. Prayers are w/ Shannon and her latest announcement.