Tuesday, October 9, 2007

I'm really thirsty

So the Chicago marathon may not have ended up how I imagined it would, but it absolutely ended up how it was supposed to. I know that I was supposed to cross that line with Shannon and Jared. We experienced something that I don't think I can put in writing. I will never forget Kurt, or the lady at mile 24 yelling "Con grat u lay shons", or the man that gave me his popsicles, or the man that collapsed to the ground right in front of us, or drinking hydrant water out of a cup I found on the ground, or the man that hugged me as he put my medal around my neck. So maybe I didn't get my 4:20 time. There will be other marathons but there will never be another Chicago.

4 comments:

S.Miles said...

I cried while I read this blog. It was an awesome memory with you that I wont EVER forget! I love you.

redstarmama said...

I'm glad you made it to the end, what with all the course closures and broiling heat and people DYING! That is awesome! Well, not all that bad stuff I just said. Just that you made it to the end. That part is awesome.

gingerdee said...

what a great accomplishment! shannon told me all about it. that's an experience you'll never have again, so hold on to it! you "runner girls" are amazing and inspiring.
yeah, I lurk on your blog...it's fun to read. hope you don't mind...

Steve and Janelle said...

That is so great! I am proud of you guys!! I am also glad that none of you died.