Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Tub time

One of the best qualities my parents instilled in me is a sense of humor. They have taught me to find the lighter side of any situation no matter how bad it may be. There is nothing funnier to me than seeing someone trip and hurt themselves. I guess that is my way of turning a negative into a possitive. So when I walked into my bathroom this morning to find that a mouse had crawled up my pipes and into my tub I had to chuckle. Of course I can't just get a normal mouse like everybody else. No. I have to get the freakishly strong mouse that can actually push up on the plug that weighs at least 2 pounds to let himself in. I didn't know what to do. Ben had just left for work and the thing was really freaking me out so I called him to come home. There was no way I was going to put my hand anywhere near it or it's beady litlle eyes that were glaring at me. Ben was nice enough to come home and help me. He lifted up the plug and immediately the mouse scurried back to wherever he came from. Then he turned on the hot water and poured bleach down the drain. After securing the plug again Ben was off to work. I really think this mouse was on some sort of steroid because not more than 5 minutes later it was back! And this time I think it was angry because I"m pretty sure it hissed at me as it jumped 4 feet in the air aiming at my face. I quickly called Ben and thankfully he was nice enough to come back and help again. He lifted the plug and once again the mouse ran back down the drain. This time we filled the tub with scolding hot water and just let it sit there. Now all I have to worry about is my 2 year old falling in and drowning. That should be easy. Anyway, I guess the point of this story is that I am so grateful that I am able to find the humor in situations such as these. I think life would be so much harder to go through without being able to laugh at myself (and clumsy people). As for the mouse, I still hope it dies a slow and painful death, but maybe it needed a laugh this morning as well. I can appreciate that. Farewell little mouse. Farewell.

4 comments:

edmundsfam said...

I also think there is nothing funnier than hearing Shannon throw up. It kills me!!!

Juli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Juli said...

WOW, it's a good thing i have some dark blood in me, you guys are a little racist! :)

Anonymous said...

You have a good husband. We had a mouse that would visit our kitchen every night in Long Beach. Lilly would wake us up barking at it. Tony got out the bee-bee gun and would try and shoot it. We were both terrified of it. Spiders, snakes and mice get me every time no matter how big or small