Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?

So yesterday my girls informed me that it is College Week at school. This means that one day they get to wear a hat with a college logo on it, one day a shirt- you get the idea. This is the conversation that took place:

Cali: Mom- we need to get some shirts and hats and stuff for college week.
Me: Ok. I'll have Dad take you later.
Macey: Mom- what college did you go to?
Cali: Mom didn't finish college.
Macey: Really?
Cali: Yeah. And besides, the school she did go to for a little bit doesn't even have shirts or hats. It wasn't a real college.
Me: (sad face)

And after sad face I proceeded to prove to my kids that I am still smart even though I may not have finished college. There is nothing worse than your own kids making you feel dumb.

It wouldn't have mattered if I had college shirts for my kids to wear anyway because apparently my kids are total kiss butts at school and HAD to have shirts and hats from schools that their teachers went to.

5 comments:

Robbie said...

Lol! Hilarious. What college did you go to? Harvard on the hill?

edmundsfam said...

No. UVSC which is pretty much the same thing.

Beardall Family said...

You would be happy to know that UVSC is now a UNIVERSITY! I'm sure they have all sorts of parafinalia your kids could wear if you need to prove your point.

Jennifer Knight said...

I think a Moorpark sweatshirt would be better. It could have something like K-R-A-P-R-O-O-M on the front and "Moorpark College: Get Your Life out of Reverse" on the back.

Justin said...

Kraproom Alumni Here.