Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

My favorite part of Mother's Day is reading the cards my kids make me at school. This year may have exceeded my expectations. I got 3 cards from Macey. The first one is a story titled "Me and My Amazing Mom". Don't let the title confuse you. It's really a story about shopping for a Father's Day gift for Ben. The second card is a fill in the blank page called "Top 10 Reasons Why I Love My Mom". Apparently my job consists of shopping and taking care of Fletcher. That's about right. And the third card is called "My Mother's Portrait". It has a computer drawn picture of me on the top and then underneath it has my stats. Name: Sharalyn, age: 32, height: 5.8 feet 5 inches, weight: 84 pounds (love this kid), hair: brown, likes: to clean the house, job: take care of Fletcher, favorite drink: diet coke, food: chicken pot pie and salad (I throw up at the smell of a chicken pot pie), favorite TV show: America's Next Top Model (never watch it), More likes: again, clean the house, cook, and go shopping. I think I need to cut back on cleaning the house so much.
Cali's cards were the best. I got a book of poems that she wrote. I need to share two of them:

Mommy

My mom is very sweet.
She is super neat.

I am her biggest fan.
She will never hit a man.

She is a runner girl.
She likes it when I twirl.

She does not like it when I crunch and munch.
My mother loves flowers in a bunch.


And the second one:

My Mom Is

My mom is caring and loving.
But she is not evil.
She likes coke and pedicures.
But does not like skydiving.
She is happy when we will not fight and we give her things.
But, she is not happy when we lie.
She loves her family and her parents.
But she does not love cats.
If my mom could do anything she would run and cook.
But she would not punish me by throwing a ball at my face.

I love my kids and I love being their mom. There is nothing I would rather do.

6 comments:

redstarmama said...

So cute. All of it. I'm glad to know you would never hit a man.

Robbie said...

ME TOO! I'm so glad you're back. Love the poems and the fact that you're clean. Look I wasn't exactly cheating on you...it was just a fling...it meant nothing.

Steve and Janelle said...

Those kids are so cute. I love the poems. I think I need to start cleaning more because Zoe wrote on her paper that my favorite thing to do was sit on my bed and watch Oprah and make dinner. Kinda sad....she forgot to write that I like to do Sexy Hip Hop dance class.

Anonymous said...

So cute!! Mother's day has to be the best holiday for any mom. I was in Idaho and had a very nice weekend too! :) Lot's more blog posts to come but I'm out of town all week so they will have to wait.

Justin said...

I am glad you don't punish your kids by throwing a ball at them.

Robbie said...

Send me your email at rcuillard@hotmail.com