Saturday, May 3, 2008

Simi Pride


I was explaining this whole blogging thing to a friend of mine and it got me thinking about how lucky I am to have grown up in a place like Simi Valley. It is crazy how a town of 100,000 plus has such a small town feel. Even though I moved away a long time ago I still feel this sense of loyalty to to anyone from there. It's like an exclusive club. There is a sense of humor that only people from Simi get. So it is at this time I would like to introduce another member to our blogging family. Please welcome home Jeff Barlow and his wife Amy. Amy is cool just for marrying someone from Simi. They have lived here in the Plano area for the last 4 or 5 years, and Amy and I were immediate friends. She even laughed the first time I explained to her how intertwined all of our lives are. You see, Jeff used to stalk me in high school (you know you did, Jeff), but dated Shannon for a while in college. And Jeff and Robbie are friends even though they had not been introduced to the famous Robbie Blog yet. Don't worry- I filled them in. I guess they are all friends with a guy named Garrett who I don't know (but maybe he could swing by the Mixer so I can put a face to him because I hear about him a lot), and I believe Garrett is also friends with Justin. Anyway, you can find them at jeffandamybarlow@blogspot.com and if you're feeling friendly drop by and give them a shout out. It warms my heart to reunite lost members of our dysfunctional family.

5 comments:

Justin said...

Garrett Pollard is my friend yes. Simi is totally intertwined. I think it would be scarey if we started doing geneology for just Simi poeple.

Robbie said...

I agree. Jeff and I have been friends for a VERY long time and I absolutely love the guy. I met his wife Amy last year in Vegas and I immediately fell in love wiht her too...nice choice Jeff. Welcome to the blogging world and hope to see you at blogapalooza.

S.Miles said...

At least we put the "fun" in dysfunctional right? The picture of them looks like it would come in a frame you would buy at Target. I would have to say that Amy is 100% Jeff's better half. She is cool enough to stand on her own two feew and tell you how it is. My kind of girl. I have proof of the Jeff Stalking thing if we need to go there but I think he's come to terms with it. Welcome Barlows. Welcome.

Jeff and Amy Barlow said...

OH MY HELL! Is THIS what you were referring to this morning?! I had no idea! I just thought you wanted me to check out your blog...which I actually did the minute I got home last night! Love it!

Anyway...you are too, too kind. I've loved you guys from the minute I met you (regardless if YOU were the object of my husband's affection...and your sister was...well...the object of my husband's affection! Hi, Shannon!) Luckily Ben has now taken on that role...(what ever would Jeff do without his "boy-friend" Ben?). Like I said...just trying to keep it in the family...

Schedule your trip home for June 21st. I'll be there until the 25th. We MUST schedule the Blogapalooza then.

As for Garrett...oh, he's the best. Love that kid. Jeff and I's first date was to see G off at the airport for his mission. Great guy!

You're right...it must be a Simi thing. I haven't met a person from that great town that I haven't liked. Love ya too, Robbie!

Thanks for including me in the exclusive group!

Robbie said...

SHARALYN YOU HAVE GOT TO SEE THE VIDEO I POSTED ON MY BLOG!