Friday, April 25, 2008

God must love me...


God finally heard my prayers. I am so overcome with joy at the mere sight of these 5 individuals on a stage together at the same time. Who's going to the concert with me? I might possibly still have NKOTB paraphernalia in my memory box at home. I wonder if the jacket still fits? Actually, seeing this photo got me thinking back to some of the concerts I have been to. The first, and quite possibly the best, was to go see Milli Vanilli. Let me paint the picture for you. I must have been 14. It was me and Colleen, and Steven on a date with Rachel Poppleton. Either Steven didn't have his license yet or my parents didn't trust him to drive to Hollywood, but my Dad drove us and he slept in the car while we enjoyed the concert. I screamed "I love you Fab and Rob!!" until I could scream no more. I can remember exactly what I was wearing, too. White jeans with an orange shirt. I had a perm with bangs (my signature look). After the concert we got back in the station wagon and went home. I'm pretty sure Steven did not get any action that night. It's hard to go in for the good night kiss when your Dad is shining the brights at the front door. It was a magical night for me. One I will never forget. There is something about seeing live music- no matter who it is. Some of my most favorite memories are from experiences at concerts. Nothing compares to seeing N Sync with Shannon right after giving birth to Macey. Did I mention that we were wearing head to toe glitter? And then there was the time that we saw O-Town in Santa Barbara. We were 3rd row center and I touched Jacob. We also chased the tour bus all the way out of the venue. Good times with Nickio. On my 30th birthday I went with a bunch of friends to go see Gavin Degraw and Avril Lavigne. I had my picture taken with Gavin. I heart him. That is also the concert I almost got in my first fist fight with a teenage girl. Luckily Shannon was there because I knew she would have had my back. Did I mention she is freakishly strong? My favorite concert in college was Steve Miller Band with Pat Benatar. We got there a little late and had to hear "We Belong" in the parking lot. It was still awesome all the way out there. It's crazy how a song can immediately take us back to a time or place in our past. That is why I am so excited about NKOTB. They take me back to a time when life was simple and fun. I WILL be at their concert. So I ask the question again- who's in?

7 comments:

redstarmama said...

I can't wait to see how you beat the N'Sync mania with NKOTB. And see, now you're in good with God, too.

Rachel said...

I wish I wish!! Milli Vanilli is one of those priceless memories in my life. I remember thinking, "They sound so much better in person!" Who knew it was a bust. Great great memory! I love that your dad slept in the car. Classic!

Robbie said...

I just have no idea what to say to this post. I'm sorry but I have to draw the line somewhere. Although it does take me back to a very nice time of my life. Was that junior high? Do you realize that's like 20 years ago? Insane.

S.Miles said...

20 years ago huh? That makes Sharalyn so old! You know I will be there dancing along, singing every word right along with ya! And really, was the glitter thing really necessary? You failed to mention I was wearing a shirt with a giant cat head on it. And I hate cats. I will never forget JT singing "Gone" while looking into our eyes. Or how we seriously thought we say Brit Brit driving in an old Honda Civic on the way to the Bowl. Good times.

Jennifer Knight said...

I'm totally in! Last week I heard "Hangin' Tough" on the XM '80s channel and rocked the Camry. Definitely brings back good memories. Jacqueline Doe and I stole $200 from her dad and bought front row seats to NKOTB back in the day...then I couldn't go...it sucked.

I still heart Donnie Wahlberg. Although his brother is quite nice too.

Your mom's station wagon was great. Reminds me of the time we had a YW sleepover and TP'd your house, where the YM were staying, and they chased us all through the neighborhood. Definitely good times.

Oh yeah, on my blog there's a nice picture of youth conference and you with your perm & bangs.

Beardall Family said...

If it's anything like Steve Miller & Pat, I'll go with ya. That was a fun concert!

Justin said...

Wow to all of it... that's all I have.