Sunday, April 20, 2008

Texas bugs suck!!!


There is a giant bug in my car!!! After Macey's soccer game yesterday I put my chair in the front seat of the car. Just before I closed the door I noticed something black on the side of the seat. It moved. I screamed. It was a big black bug. Big. And it had beady little eyes that glared at me. Macey and her friend Hannah quickly came to my rescue and the three of us divulged a plan. I convinced Macey and Hannah to be the ones to kill the bug and that Fletcher's shoes would protect them from harm. My job was to poke the bug with a pen. I had to scoot it out a little more so that the shoes could reach it. On the count of three I did my part and the bug moved to a reachable position. It was now up to Hannah and Macey. Macey backed out at the last minute (baby!) so now it was up to Hannah. She misses and the bug scurries under the seat!!! That's ok- we'll try again. Only we can't see where the bug went. After a 15 minute investigation we decide to drive home. The girls get in the very back of the car- they felt safer back there (babies!), and left me to fend for myself. I was terrified. I just knew it was going to come out and attack me at any moment. I swear I felt it on me about 5 times, and each time I jumped and swerved. About half way home I look over and the bug had peeked it's head out from under the seat. I quickly (and by quickly I mean cut off all 3 lanes of traffic) pulled over to the side of the road and plan "Kill It" went into effect again. This time Macey kept an eye on the bug while Hannah and I took a moment for proper bug killing training. I had her practice on the sidewalk. There was no room for error. Ready, set, go! Once again I executed my part perfectly- the bug scooted out in plain view for Hannah to smash. And once again Hannah missed!!!!! The bug scurried back under the seat never to show his ugly little head again. We just sat there wallowing in our feelings of defeat. Poor Hannah felt like a failure. And she should. She let us down. But I guess I can cut her some slack- she is only 7. We still had to get home so the girls climbed back into the "safe" seat in the car and left me up front with the monster. We dropped Hannah off and went home. I left the windows down and took anything out of the car that a bug could hide in. We didn't go anywhere the rest of the day. I just know it's waiting for me to drive to church today so that it can taunt me some more. I think I will take Ben's car.

6 comments:

S.Miles said...

It makes me laugh that no one has left a comment on this post! Maybe they are all too busy rolling on the floor laughing like I was. I think some people call that LMAO or something like that...

redstarmama said...

I would like to confirm Shannon's suggestion that we are all rolling on the floor laughing. I have read this post twice, trying to think of something funny enough to be worth commenting, but nope, this one beats anything I can come up with. It's one of those situations where you can't believe you're actually there, doing what you're doing. Way to go, Hannah!

Justin said...

I would have left the car on the side of the road until Jenn came to get the bug. I have my staff person kill any and all spiders or bugs that dare peak their heads out at my office.

Steve and Janelle said...

I feel itchy just reading this.

Anonymous said...

OK, those bugs look discusting..especially the eyes but they've got to be better than the scorpions you would find in AZ! Think of the bright side. :) p.s. The only thing I see alot of around here are wild rabbits and ground hogs. You would really like Denver! :)

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.