Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Same time, same place.


As sad as I am that my trip had to end it's been nice to be back in my own bed (without Shannon trying to spoon me). It didn't take long to get back to the grind. I guess it was the first time I took Fletcher to the potty when I got back and noticed his new "trick" of sticking his finger in front of his stream of pee because it "feels warm on his hand" that I realized life just sort of goes on even without me. I don't know whether to be happy or sad about that. I guess it's reassuring to know that if something ever happened to me my kids would be taken care of, but at the same time there would have been a little satisfaction in knowing all hell broke loose without me. And maybe it did and no one wants to admit it. Either way it's back to my "real" life of cooking, cleaning up after other people, sitting in my car for 5 hours a day, going to the dreaded grocery store, and breaking up fights. All of which I wouldn't change for anything- not even the life of a teenage twin sorority girl from Arizona. But it was fun while it lasted! :)

**I know the picture has nothing to do with the post but I just love this one of Shannon!!!! Best week ever!!!

5 comments:

S.Miles said...

Please Maam, can I have your towel? I am so cold. And wet. Pleaaassee Maam....

redstarmama said...

The Fletcher pee thing is awesome! Slightly gross, but entertaining and memorable. Actually, good blackmail material. I'm going to NYC in May by myself, and I'm actually looking forward to the coming home part almost as much as the by myself part. Oh, and I love the "floating" rose. It brings out the color in Shannon's dress.

Steve and Janelle said...

Stunning photo. Thanks for sharing all of your wonderful cruise memories. They were thoroughly enjoyed by many. It's nice to know that you can relinquish some control and everybody is still alive when you get home. I only wish I could relinquish some control when I am home.

Justin said...

I still love the felling of pee on my hands. Nice to know there are more of us out there.

Robbie said...

Justin I second that.